20031217: Fortran 90 interface to netCDF

John,

> To: <address@hidden>
> From: "John Lansberry" <address@hidden>
> Subject: Fortran 90 interface to netCDF

>   I'm considering using netCDF as a standard data format for
> simulations.
>
>   There is a netcdf_test.f90 file on the Unidata website that USES two
> modules:  typeSizes and netcdf.
>
>   But the 3.5 distribution for Windows does not provide the module
> (.mod) files, so I cannot compile the test file.
>
>   What do I have to do? Compile netCDF myself on my Windows XP platform?
>
>   Any advice would be appreciated.

Our resident Windows expert is not here, so I'll try to help.  You'll
have to bear with me, however, as I don't deal with the Windows version
of the netCDF package.

I believe that the .mod files are created by the Fortran-90 compiler --
so you would have to compile the associated source files in order to
create them.

Is the Windows version of the netCDF package binary-only?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson