20031211: netCDF Copyright Permission

>From: "Figueroa, Victor" <address@hidden>

Victor,

>I would like to know how I can obtain permission to use NetCDF.
>Victor G. Figueroa

The COPYRIGHT notice distributed with the netCDF package contains
the conditions of its use:

  Copyright 1993-1999 University Corporation for Atmospheric Research/Unidata

  Portions of this software were developed by the Unidata Program at the
  University Corporation for Atmospheric Research.

  Access and use of this software shall impose the following obligations
  and understandings on the user. The user is granted the right, without
  any fee or cost, to use, copy, modify, alter, enhance and distribute
  this software, and any derivative works thereof, and its supporting
  documentation for any purpose whatsoever, provided that this entire
  notice appears in all copies of the software, derivative works and
  supporting documentation.  Further, UCAR requests that the user credit
  UCAR/Unidata in any publications that result from the use of this
  software or in any product that includes this software. The names UCAR
  and/or Unidata, however, may not be used in any advertising or publicity
  to endorse or promote any products or commercial entity unless specific
  written permission is obtained from UCAR/Unidata. The user also
  understands that UCAR/Unidata is not obligated to provide the user with
  any support, consulting, training or assistance of any kind with regard
  to the use, operation and performance of this software nor to provide
  the user with any updates, revisions, new versions or "bug fixes."

  THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY UCAR/UNIDATA "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR
  IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
  WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE
  DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL UCAR/UNIDATA BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL,
  INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING
  FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT,
  NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION
  WITH THE ACCESS, USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.

If you can abide by the terms stated above, then you can use the netCDF.

>Fire Science and Technology (9132)
>Sandia National Laboratories
>Phone: 844-0631
>Email: address@hidden