20031213: Pb installing Netcdf-3.5.0 on HP-UXB.11.11

Amant,

> To: "'address@hidden'" <address@hidden>
> From: AMANT Stephane <address@hidden>
> Subject: Pb installing Netcdf-3.5.0 on HP-UXB.11.11

> I have built a Fortran program reading NetCDF files, using the library
> routines 'nf_...'. Under a SunOS5.8 environment, I have managed to
> compile it and it runs normally.
>
> I'd like to make the same on HP, but I don't succed in installing
> the NetCDF library. At the compilation of my program, the 'nf_...'
> routines are not recognized. For instance, the compiler says :
>
>         ld: Unsatisfied symbol "nf_inq_ndims_" in file
> /home/cfdtools/dev/to30571/cfd0.1.1/dev_HP-UXB.11.11/lib/lib_ffd70.a[rea=d_dim_netcdf.o]
>
> Actually, I am sure the installation has failed, but I don't know
> exactly where. Below are the files you request for debugging :
>
> <<configure.log>> <<test.log>> <<make.log>> <<config.log>>
> <<install.log>>
> <<macros.make>> <<VERSION>> <<uname.out>>
>
> You will notice that I have used the same definition of the
> environment variables as prescribed on the Web site.  Could you please
> help me solving this issue ?
> Many thanks.
>
> Best regards,
>

> St=E9phane AMANT
>
> Aerodynamic Design and Data Department (EGAT)
>
> * +33 (0)5.61.18.65.19
>
> Fax : +33 (0)5.61.93.99.80
>
> * address@hidden
>
> Airbus France
>
> M0131/3
>
> 316, route de Bayonne
>
> 31060 Toulouse cedex 03
>
> France

Judging from the value of the CFLAGS macro in the file "macros.make":

    CFLAGS              = +DD64

you appear to want a netCDF installation that supports large files (i.e.
files larger than approximately 2 gigabytes).  An example of how to do
this on an HP-UX system using the f90 compiler can be found at

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/other-builds.html#hpux-f90

Please try the following:

    1.  Go to the top-level source-directory.

    2.  Perform steps 3 through 5 described near the end of the file
        INSTALL.html

    3.  Set the following environment variables to the indicated values:

            export CC=/bin/cc
            export CPPFLAGS='-D_HPUX_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64'
            export CFLAGS=+DD64
            export FC=/opt/fortran90/bin/f90
            export FFLAGS='-w +DA2.0W +noppu'
            export FLIBS=-lU77
            export CXX=

        Note that you might have to adjust the above if you use a
        non-standard user-shell.

        The major difference between what you did and the above is the
        use of the "+noppu" option instead of the "+ppu" option.

    4.  Perform steps 6 through 9 described near the end of the file
        INSTALL.html

Please let me know if this works.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson