20031001: Undefined symbol nf90_inq_libvers

Stephane,

> To: "'address@hidden'" <address@hidden>
> From: AMANT Stephane <address@hidden>
> Subject: Issue installing NetCDF

> This mail is intended to get your support in order to cope with the
> issue I'm faced with.  I've downloaded the package NetCDF3.5.0 and
> have installed it on Solaris (the output of the command "uname -a"
> is "SunOS mx61 5.8 Generic_108528-19 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire"). It
> seems that the installation has been successfully performed, since
> I followed all the instructions of your .html document "Installing
> NetCDF" and that I didn't get any error message all along the process.
> However, when I try to call some NetCDF functions in my Fortran90
> program (like "nf90_inq_libvers"), the compiler provides the error
> message "Undefined symbol nf90_inq_libvers". I'm quite sure that the
> link with the good library "libnetcdf.a" is correct, since the call
> to the function "nf_inq_libvers" is working well ! I tried some other
> functions, and only the Fortran77 NetCDF ones are recognized by my
> program. Can you explain to me why it can't find the Fortran90 ones ?

First, is there a "use netcdf" statement in every routine that calls
nf90_inq_libvers()?

If yes, then please verify that the installed netCDF library contains
that Fortran-90 routine: send me the output of the following command:

    nm -g /upc/netcdf/lib/libnetcdf.a | grep nf90_inq_libvers

Regards,
Steve Emmerson