Re: EXTERNAL: Re: netcdf unlimited problem

>To: address@hidden
>From: "Alan Dawes" <address@hidden>
>Subject: netcdf unlimited problem

Hi Alan,

On 30 Sept 2003, you wrote:

> To some extent I am glad you haven't spent too much
> time on what I sent you. I have been using IDL to
> view my netcdf data files to see if they are correct.
> IDL has been showing me that there was an apparent
> problem with the large data files.
>
> However, one of my system guys has just found that
> IDL has a bug when reading large netcdf files. We
> have got a work around and have notified RSI about
> it. When this is done the programs that I sent you
> work fine!

Thanks very much for reporting back on this.  I was unable to
reproduce the problem under Solaris, so I thought it might be
platform-dependent, but you've just saved me from having to try to
reproduce it on an IBM SP2.  It's also good to know that IDL sometimes
has a problem reading netCDF files larger than 2 Gbytes, and I'll file
this information for future reference.

--Russ