20030522: About setup netcdf-3.5.0

Yang Shifang,

[Sorry for taking a while to respond. The "Content-Type:
application/octet-stream" attachment caused my user-mail-agent to treat
your email as spam. I suggest that you don't use such attachments unless
absolutely necessary because they are used to transmit email
viruses.]

> To: address@hidden
> From: Yang Shifang <address@hidden>
> Subject: About setup netcdf-3.5.0

> I am sorry that I disturb you.  I am not familiar with the Linux
> system. and I want to set up netcdf in my PC with Linux system.
> I want to setup netcdf in 64-bit. How do I set the environment
> variables.

Exactly what do you mean by "setup netCDF in 64-bit"?

Do you mean that you want to be able to read and write 64-bit
floating-point values. The netCDF library can do this already without
the use of any special options.

Or, do you mean that you want to be able to create a netCDF file that
is larger than about 2 gigabytes? Information on this can be found at

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/faq.html#lfs

> Thank you very much!
> Expect your reply.
>
> Sincerely, Yang Shifang