Re: 20021210: netcdf 3.5

>To: address@hidden
>From: "Paul Hamer" <address@hidden>
>Subject: netcdf 3.5

Hi Paul,

> I think I've reported this before but under GCC 3.0 and greater the
> header file /usr/local/netcdf/include/netcdfcpp.h need to declare friends
> that are classes as "friend class NcFile;"

Yes, thanks, and that change is in the current beta distribution,
netcdf-3.5.1-beta5:

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-3.5.1-beta5.tar.Z

We've accumulated some additional changes as well, but I'm just
getting started on creating a new distribution that uses a more recent
autoconf, libtool, and automake, to improve portability.  So it will
be a little while until I can get all the changes we have into a
distribution and test it.

--Russ