Re: 20021209: NCVGT - where is it?

>To: address@hidden
>From: address@hidden
>Subject: Re: 20021209: NCVGT - where is it?

Hi Éric,

> I'm running a program on Linux that compiled with the 3.5.0 library
> binaries. I'm getting two run-time errors:
>
> NCVGT: : Index exceeds dimension bound
> NCVGT: : Edge+start exceeds dimension bound
>
> In trying to track down this problem, I just cannot locate the NCVGT
> function in the source package...could somebody help please?

NCVGT is in the Fortran-77 netCDF version 2 interface.  These
functions are hard to find, because they are actually defined by a
macro (FCALLSCSUB6) from the inscrutable fortran/cfortran.h file, as
invoked in the fortran/fort-v2compat.c file:

  /* FORTRAN interface to the above. */
  FCALLSCSUB6(c_ncvgt,NCVGT,ncvgt,
      NCID,VARID,COORDS,COUNTS,PVOID,PRCODE)

You can probably figure out what is happening by looking at the C
function that gets called by the NCVGT, namely c_ncvgt in the
fortran/fort-v2compat.c file.

--Russ