20020902: spectral shallow water model

>From: Steven James Fletcher <address@hidden>

Steve,

>hi my name is steven fletcher and i am a phd student at the university of
>reading in the uk and i am trying to obtain the file netcdf.tar.z from the
>file transfer system and the file does not appear to be where it is said
>to have been in the support documents.  could you please help us to find
>it as i am testing a new variable and i have been told that the data sets
>are really good to do this with.
>thanks for you time

Since I am not sure exactly how you were attempting to grab the netCDF
distribution tar file, I will assume that it was through a web link.
If so, please try using FTP directly:

ftp ftp.unidata.ucar.edu
  <user> anonymous
  <pass> your full email address
  cd pub/netcdf
  binary
  get netcdf.tar.Z
  quit

netcdf.tar.Z is a link to the current, non-beta distribution of the netCDF:
netcdf-3.5.0.tar.Z.

If you have problems grabbing the 3.5.0 distribution tar file, it may
be the case that a forward and reverse name lookup can not be done for
your machine (we enforce this to try and eliminate denial of service
attacks).  If you run into this situation, try the FTP from a different
machine in your domain.

Finally, please pass along the web page that has the link that is not
working.  Thanks!

Tom Yoksas