Re: Netcdf 3.5.0 on linux with intel fortran compiler ifc

>To: address@hidden
>From: Andreas Manschke <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20020829: Netcdf 3.5.0 on linux with intel fortran compiler ifc

Andreas,

> This is what I have done to compile netcdf-3.5.0 with
> the Intel fortran compiler on GNU/Linux:
>
> After patching src/fortran/cfortran.h as described in
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/intel-f95-patch
>
> I added the line
>
> #define INTEL_COMPILER
>
> to that file. According to
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/glimpse/netcdf/4547
>
> the corresponding settings for ifc on linux are:
>
> FC=ifc
> FLIBS="-L/usr/local/intel/compiler50/ia32/lib -lPEPCF90"
> FFLAGS="-O -mp"
>
> The "-mp" option is for saying ifc should use default numerics
> and not optimized ones. Without that "make test" runs but
> detects some differences.

Thanks very much for the additional information about using the Intel
compiler.  I added this to our web pages and will incorporate the
necessary changes into the next release

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/other-builds.html#intel-ifc

--Russ