Re: 20020903: Tools

>To: "'address@hidden'" <address@hidden>
>From: "Varghese, Saji" <address@hidden>
>Subject: Tools

Hi Saji,

> Looks like most of the tools out there to convert netcdf are for the Unix
> environment. Do you have any for the Win NT environment?

The netCDF 3.5 source distribution compiles and the resulting ncdump
and ncgen utilities run under Windows NT, if you follow the
installation instructions for that system.  We also have a binary
distribution of netCDF available for Windows systems.

The netCDF Java interface compiles and runs on Windows NT.  Several
tools/packages that can read netCDF data are written in Java, so they
work fine on Windows NT systems also, for example ncBrowse:

  http://www.epic.noaa.gov/java/ncBrowse

and VisAD:

  http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~billh/visad.html

and WebWinds:

  http://www.sci-conservices.com/SCS/index.html

There are also some commercial visualization and analysis packages
that can read netCDF data and for which Windows NT versions are
available: IDL, MATLAB, Noesys, and SlicerDicer.  URLs for these
packages can be found in the "Software for Manipulating or Displaying
NetCDF Data" page at:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/software.html

--Russ