20020815: How can I convert a NCEP reanalyses data to netCDF data?

>From: =?gb2312?q?Xuguang=20Sun?= <address@hidden>

Sun,

>I'd like to use netCDF format data to CCM, but this
>model needs input data in netCDF format, so I wonder
>whether there is a convenient way to convert NCEP
>reanalyses grid data to netCDF format data.

You should be able to use the routine 'gribtonc' that is part of a
decoders package that we make freely available:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu
  Software
  http://www.unidta.ucar.edu/Software.html
    netCDF Decoders
    http://www.unidta.ucar.edu/packages/decoders/index.htlm

>Your early reply to this question is greatly appreciated.
>Best regards,
>SUN Xuguang

Tom Yoksas