20020814: help needed!

>From: Sangeet <address@hidden>

Sangeet,

>I downloaded some netcdf files from CDC site. The problem is that, when I
>used ncdump to create ascii equivalent, the field values ( for example,
>pres.sfc ) were not what i visualized using ferret -gui n then seeing the
>variable values using the "view - varable values" menu button. For
>example, the first value is 103860, while after ncdump this value is
>-26379. When i created a fortran file to read this nc file, again i got
>the same value, that is -26379. I would appreciate if i get help in this
>regard,

We can provide assistance to you if there is a problem in use of the
netCDF package itself, or in one of its utilities (like ncdump).  We
can not provide assistance to you for Ferret since we did not develop
this package.  Since both ncdump and your own Fortran routine that
reads netCDF returns back the same values for data from the same file,
I would think that the problem you are having is related to Ferret.
In this case, you should contact the developers of Ferret for assistance.

>thanking you,
>
>Sangeet Srivastava
>Research Scholar,
>IIT, Delhi