Re: seeking help from a student (fwd)

------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Tue, 13 Aug 2002 13:16:32 -0600
From:    Russ Rew <address@hidden>
To:      xingrongli <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: seeking help from a student

> From: xingrongli <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: seeking help from a student

Hi,

>      Could you help me ?
>
>      When a vis5d was compilied in SGI using rix6.5 , there was an
>      error .  The error showed that I shoud not use " n32 "
>      libnetcdf.a , but "o32" libnetcdf.a . But what I have is just
>      the "n32" libnetcdf.a .Could you tell me where I can get "o32 "
>      libnetcdf.a?

One way to get the o32 version for Irix is to get the netCDF source
and compile it on your SGI computer.  The source is available from

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf.tar.Z
or
  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf.ZIP

You will have to set the "CFLAGS" environment variable to "-o32"
before building, using something like

  setenv CFLAGS "-o32"

and then follow the installation instructions for SGI/IRIX here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/INSTALL.html#irix

--Russ

------- End of Forwarded Message