20020507: NetCDF website bug

>From: address@hidden

James,

re: page with broken link

>http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/faq.html#win
>
>Its the link ftp://niteroi.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/win32/unidata/netcdf which is
>broken, or at least not responsing for me.

Thanks for reporting this.  We see that the niteroi.gsfc.nasa.gov site
is no longer accepting FTP connections.  After doing some searching
around, we were unable to find out if another machine at GSFC has the
netCDF/UDUNITS binary or not.  Our only recourse at this point is to
delete the reference from our netCDF FAQ web page.

Since we provide binaries for netCDF 3.5 on our site (link above the
one that doesn't work), you may want to try using it.  If a UDUNITS
binary was a large part of your objective, you will have to build it
from source.

Thanks again for reporting the bad link.

>James Zwiers

Tom Yoksas