20020507: netCDF installation trouble on SGI (cont.)

>From: "Kristin"

Kristin,

re: explicitly define needed macros

>> CC=/bin/c89
>> CPP='/bin/c89 -E'
>> FC=/bin/f90
>> CXX=
>> CPPFLAGS=-DNDEBUG
>> CFLAGS=-O
>> FFLAGS=-O

>Done.

OK.

>> After setting the environment variables, you will need to run:
>> make distclean
>> ./configure

>Also done.

OK.

>The files configure.log and make.log are attached. The configure
>script executed more successfully this time (it actually found the values for
>short, int, etc.!)

That is promising.

>However, the make still failed. I have done you the
>courtesy of deleting the liscense message from the C compiler so that you may
>more easily see the actual errors.

Please do the following.

cd libsrc
make attr.i

Trap the output and send it to us.  This should help us understand why
the make is failing with an error in a system include file:

cc-1084 c89: ERROR File = /usr/include/stddef.h, Line = 37
  The indicated declaration has an invalid combination of type specifiers.

  typedef int   ptrdiff_t;
                ^

Tom