Re: 20020123: probable mistake in f90 NetCDF docs

>To: <address@hidden>
>From: Keith Lindsay <address@hidden>
>Subject: probable mistake in f90 NetCDF docs

Hi Keith,

> The documentation for nf90_get_var, which I see at
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/f90/Documentation/f90-html-docs/guide67.html#2054459
> and
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/f90/Documentation/f90-html-docs/guide47.html
>
> states that the argument values is intent(in).
> I'm pretty sure that it should be intent(out).

Yes, you're right, thanks.  I've been updating the Fortran 90 Users
Guide (and the other Users Guides) for version 3.5 and had caught one
of these, but not the other.  The new Fortran 90 User's Guide will
finally have an index, too.  I hope to have it available in the next
week or two.  If you see any other problems with the Users Guides,
please let me know.  This would be a great time to get in fixes ...

> I think this is correct in the distribution, looking at the various
> specific instances of nf90_get_var in src/f90/netcdf_expanded.f90 and
> src/f90/netcdf_text_variables.f90.
>
> Thought you would want to know,

--Russ