Re: 20011116: MacOS X: FINK install of netcdf fails

>To: address@hidden
>From: Dierk Polzin <address@hidden>
>Subject: MacOS X: FINK install of netcdf fails

Hi Dierk,

> I was using FINK to install the netcdf libraries on Mac OS 10.1
> and it failed.. as the MAC
>
> I have the g77, f2c and Absoft Fortran 7.0 installed
> We usually use netcdf for all ourwork..
>
> The error I get is
> cfortran.h:132: "cfortran.h: Can't find your environment among:
>   - MIPS cc and fortran 77 etc etc etc..
>
> http://fink.sourceforge.net/doc/porting/index.php
>
> Could someone look into getting the netcdf to install using fink.

I built it on Mac OS X 10.1 and it worked fine out of the box,
with the addition of a flag for m4.  For details, see:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/russ/netcdf/INSTALL.html#macosx

The m4 flag is not even needed if you use the GNU m4 you get from fink.

The Fortran interface also worked with g77, which I installed using
fink.  We don't have any f90 compiler to try though, which is what I
assume the Absoft Fortran 7.0 is.  There are some hints for building
using Absoft on Linux that might help, at:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/other-builds.html#absoft-linux

I'd like to contribute netCDF 3.5.1 to the fink collection, but I
don't know what's required.  Maybe I'll have a chance to look into it
soon.  I love fink, and was sorry to see chrisp has left the project.

Thanks for the information!

--Russ