Re: 20010515: NetCDF in R

>To: address@hidden
>From: Kjetil Kjernsmo <address@hidden>
>Subject: NetCDF in R

Hi Kjetil,

> I just had a look at the NetCDF page,
> <URL:http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/>, and I thought I
> would let you know that there is NetCDF support in my favorite
> scientific software, namely R. It comes as an add-on-package
> <URL:http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/PACKAGES.html#netCDF>.

Thanks for the information.  I've just added an entry about R with a
link to the netCDF support:

 http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/software.html#R

to the netCDF software page, and I also added a similar entry to the
"What's New with NetCDF" page at

 http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/whatsnew.html

It looks like a good package for statistical computing.  I remember
liking S a lot the last time I was evaluating such packages.

--Russ