20010614: using code

>From: Mark Takala <address@hidden>

Mark,

>after I have used Ncgen to generate c code
>from an example cdl, how do i then use this
>generated code to write netcdf files from
>different sets of data?

The idea is that ncgen generates a template C source file that you then
flesh out into an application that does what you want.

I typically use ncgen to create a quick example of what to do and then
edit the file using my favorite text editor and add input of data from
somewhere and write it out to a netCDF.

You can use ncdump to list out the netCDF to verify that it looks the
way you think it ought to.  The steps beyond are use of the netCDF in
whatever application you originally had intention of using.

Tom Yoksas