Re: how to read netcdf file using f77 prog.

 You asked:
<Question>
I want to read netcdf file using gennet.f written
by Barry Schwartz, but some errors were occurred from readnet.f. One of
among is NREC, the error mess. told me "upper bound is less than lower
bound" (I want to open a elevation data). I change it equal to the size
of dimension and run again, the next message shows "NCID is invalid
dimension id or name". So, I did not know how to overcome it.
My system of machine is IRIX, but I did not what version of netcdf was
installed?
</Question>

These are error messages from gennet.f rather than from the netCDF library, so
I'm not sure why they are occurring.  gennet.f is contributed software that we
aren't able to support, so you might have to contact the author.

Have you run "ncdump" on your netCDF file, to make sure it is OK?

Sorry I can't be of more help, but there is just not enough information for me
to guess what the problem is, without seeing the netCDF file and the generated
code ...

--Russ