Re: 20000921: java netCDF source, jar, javadoc will not download

> Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 11:55:56 -0600 (MDT)
> From: HOWARD ARA T <address@hidden>
> To: Russ Rew <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: 20000921: java netCDF source, jar, javadoc will not download

Hi,

> > Incidentally, John Caron will announce a simpler Java interface for
> > netCDF and MultiArray within the next week or two.  While the current
> > interface will still work fine, you might consider the imminent
> > availability of the new interfaces in your plans.
> >
> > --Russ
>

> would it be possible to get a copy of this source code?  i have begun work
> with the current library and have found a little cumbersome to use - at
> least for a non-java programmer like myself.  i'm not sure if i mentioned
> it before, but my group (5 students) are putting together a plotting
> system for the Forecast Research Division of Forecase Systems Lab at NOAA.
> i also work for FRD, you may contact me or Kevin Brundage regarding this
> project, known as MIDaS.
>
> my email at work is address@hidden
> kev's is            address@hidden
>
> and a preliminary copy of our project requirements can be found at:
>
> http://csel.cs.colorado.edu/~clements/midas/initReq/req.htm

Sure, the source code and documentation are accessible from John
Caron's MultiDimensional Arrays web site at

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/caron/ma2/ma2.htm

We would really appreciate feedback on this.

By the way, we're implementing a prototype of something like your
MIDaS system, so we'll be interested in what you end up with.

--Russ