20000721: installing on RedHat6.0 Linux: cfortran.h environment

Chia Hsin-hsing,

>Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 12:57:18 -0400
>From: Chia Hsin-hsing <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20000720: installing on RedHat6.0 Linux: cfortran.h environment

>   Sorry for bother you again. Which file I should check the variable
> CPPFLAG ?

The environment variable CPPFLAGS (note the trailing "S") is not in
any file; rather, it's an environment variable.  If you do not know
about environment variables, then you should learn about them before
proceeding.  A good place to start would be the manual page for your
user shell or your system administrator.  The file INSTALL has examples
of the use of environment variables.

> Besides, I could not find the f2c in my Linux machine, what
> should I do ?

The lack of an "f2c" compiler does not imply that your Fortran compiler
uses a different set of calling conventions.  Indeed, on a Linux system,
the "f2c", "f77", "g77", and "fortc" Fortran compilers all use the "f2c"
Fortran calling conventions.

If you are using a different Fortran compiler, then please let me know.

Regards,