20000720: installing on RedHat6.0 Linux: cfortran.h environment

Chia Hsin-hsing,

>Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 12:01:34 -0400
>From: Chia Hsin-hsing <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20000720: installing on RedHat6.0 Linux: cfortran.h environment

> Hi Steve:
>     I attach the make log file in this mail. Please check it for me.
>
> Thanks
>
> --------------73B327201411AAB754EDFD7B
>
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ccjrl/bin/netcdf/src'
>
> Making `all' in directory /home/ccjrl/bin/netcdf/src/libsrc
>
> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/ccjrl/bin/netcdf/src/libsrc'
> cc -c -O -I.  -DNDEBUG attr.c

The last line above indicates that the C macro "f2cFortran" was not
defined during compilation.  In general, this macro must be defined
when building on Linux systems using the native compilers.  It tells the
C compiler what Fortran calling conventions to use.

Try the following:

    1.  Go to the top-level source directory.

    2.  Perform steps 3 through 5 near the end of the INSTALL file.

    3.  Ensure that the environment variable CPPFLAGS contains the
        string "-Df2cFortran".

    4.  Perform steps 6 through 9 near the end of the INSTALL file.

Please pay attention to the problem reporting protocols in each step in
the INSTALL file.

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,