Re: 20000320: Getting attributes with the netCDF F90 interface

>To: address@hidden
>From: Bill Gustafson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Getting attributes with the netCDF F90 interface

------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Tue, 21 Mar 2000 18:38:02 -0600
From:    Robert Pincus <address@hidden>
To:      Bill Gustafson <address@hidden>, Russ Rew <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: 20000320: Getting attributes with the netCDF F90 interface

Bill -

I can see why you would want to compile the netCDF library using -r8
if you expect your Fortran 77 codes to be compiled with the same
flag. If you use the Fortran 90 interface, though, I think the
overloading should take care of your worries automatically.

What I'd suggest as a work-around, then, is for you to re-compile the
netCDF libraries and Fortran 90 module using the standard compilation
environment (i.e. -r4 -i4 -64, though that should be the default).
You can compile your own code any way you like. These flags should be
irrelevant to the linker.

I'll be curious to know if the attributes are written and read
correctly in that case.

As I told Russ, my abilty to support the Fortran 90 interface as a
volunteer is pretty limited these days. I hope it won't slow you down
if I'm not able to be completely responsive.

- ---
Robert Pincus
CIMSS/SSEC
University of Wisconsin - Madison