Re: 20000321: Problems with integer kinds and the netcdf f90 interface

>To: address@hidden
>cc: Robert Pincus <address@hidden>
>From: Martin Dix <address@hidden>
>Subject: Problems with integer kinds and the netcdf f90 interface

Martin,

I wrote:

> The m4 stuff was a bootstrap to help generate lots of versions from
> the original pattern Robert Pincus supplied, but some of these
> generated versions were subsequently refined, so at this point I'm not
> sure the m4 macros are still useful ...

It turns out I was wrong about this.  I thought Pincus had made
changes to the generated code, but it turns out he ultimately
accomplished all the changes in the original m4 source, so those are
still useful.  That means supporting the version you suggest might be
easier than I had thought.

--Russ