Re: XDR

>To: address@hidden
>From: Alain Mazurier <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20000321: XDR

Hi Alain,

> In a close future i will have to read XDR files.
> I saw, in your documentation, that NetCDF
> employs an extended form of XDR.
>
> Just now, I don't have these files, so I
> can't make tests so my question is:
> Does it mean that I can use ncdump, ncgen
> and the C and/or C++ Netcdf library directly?
> may be I'am dreaming ? :o)

No, sorry, but ncdump/ncgen and the netCDF library can't help much
with XDR files that aren't netCDF files.

The XDR library is available and included with all versions of Unix
that I know about, so it can be used directly.  I think there is also
freely available source code for the XDR library, but I don't know
exactly where it is right now ...

--Russ