20000210: make in ncgen/ fails on ncgen.l

Terry,

In the above message, you wrote:

> Hi, I work at a PET Center in Toronto.
> Some researchers I work with downloaded netCDF off the web
> and asked me to help get it working.
>
> I'm trying to make netCDF on a Sun box running SunOs 4.1.3
> using the c compiler supplied with SunOs.

Whoa!  SunOS 4.1.3 is pretty old (actually, it's antedeluvian).  The C
compiler that was bundled with the OS isn't a Standard C compiler.  I
believe one could get, however, an unbundled, Standard C compiler from
Sun for free (or at least very cheaply).

> After a bit of mucking around, I got the make process working.
> It started into the make "all" process and ran fine through
> the port, libsrc, ncdump directories. However it chokes
> after it gets into the ncgen directory when it goes to compile
> ncgenyy.c with
>
> "ngcen.1":line 186: error: Lex driver missing, file /process/lang//ncform
> ***Error code 1

The above doesn't make sense.  The file "ngcen.1" doesn't exist.  Do you
mean "ncgen.l"?

If so, then I'll need more information.  Would you please send me the
output from the command "make" in the "ncgen/" subdirectory.

Regards,