Re: 19991124: IRIX build with SGI_ABI set to -n32

Emin,

In the above message, you wrote:

> I did the configuration again with and without the option -n32 (I only
> specified this through seting the environment variable SGI_ABI. The
> following are the logs during the two trials. It seems there are also
> other errors (unresolved tanh function, unknown identifier bogus,
> comparison of unsigned integer with zero)

Those other "errors" may be safely ignored.

> in addition to the one which
> rejects CC as compiler (invalid format revision (WHIRL::0.26:) for
> WHIRL file (/tmp/ctmB.BAAa003Q7, reported for a temporary file created
> during compile).

This is the error that cannot be ignored.

You must find the cause for this error and fix it before you can
successfully build the netCDF package with support for C++ with SGI_ABI
set to "-n32".  I suggest manually compiling a test program like the
following:

    $ cat conftest.C
    #include <iostream.h>
    int main() {
        cout << "";
        return 0;
    }

Set SGI_ABI to "-n32" and execute the following command:

    /bin/CC -c -DNDEBUG conftest.C

You'll probably get the same error message.  You'll have to investigate
the cause of this failure and fix it.  Your system administrator may be
able to help.

When you've fixed the situation, retry building the netCDF package.  Be
sure to execute a "make distclean" before executing the configure script.

Please keep me informed.

--------