Re: 19991123: 3.3.1 configure problem under Solaris 7

Andrew,

In the above message, you wrote:

> The reason that I stay, for now, with version 3.3.1 is that many of
> the researchers here at Scripps use a popular software package (GMT,
> version 3.0) that is not compatible with netCDF v3.4. So, I'm very
> interested in keeping a working version of 3.3.1 available!

We just fixed the version 3.3.1 release.  The URL for the (corrected)
version should be

    ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/old/netcdf-3.3.1.tar.Z

The ".gz" file has been removed.

The new release was made from a checked-out and verified version, so it
should be OK.  Please let me know if you have any problems with it.

> Into my FTP site I've placed the UNIX-compressed tar file of
> netcdf-3.3.1.tar.Z that I downloaded from your site two years ago.
> Please feel free to FTP it to your machine and use it as a replacement
> for the corrupted gzip tar file that's currently sitting in the
> pub/netcdf/old directory.

Thanks for the offer.  Things should be OK now, but please keep your
copy around in case something comes up.

--------