19990722: netCDF for Tru64 Unix?

>From: "Zubalik, Steve" <address@hidden>

Steve,

>I saw on your web page that netCDF runs on ULTRIX-4.5 and OSF1-4.0, is
>there/will there be a version that runs on Digital Unix/Tru64 Unix (and
>takes advantage of the Alpha 21264 processor)?

I asked around the office and nobody seems to know anything about
Tru64 or the 21264 processor.  Given that DECs have been 64-bit for
quite some time, it is possible that the current netCDF will run on
Tru64 right now.  Have you tried it?  The reason we mention OSF/1 4.0
is that is what we have to test on.

>Also, is there a particular
>distribution of Linux that works better with netCDF than others?

We have RedHat 5.2 Linux in house right now.  We will be upgrading to
6.0 pretty soon.  This is the flavor of Linux that will most likely
get the most attention from us.

>Thanks,
>Steve Zubalik
>address@hidden