Re: 19990721: NetCDF for Java

>From: David Hahn <address@hidden>
>Subject: NetCDF for Java

Hi David,

> I am having a problem with the NetCDF for Java.  I have compiled a
> program that creates a NetCDF file.  It runs fine on my Linux
> platform, but when I run it on another machine (which I believe is
> an SGI, but definetly not Linux), it leaves all the values in the
> NetCDF file blank.  The CDF file is there; the header looks good,
> all the variables and attributes are there, just the values are
> missing.
>
> Any ideas?

Just a guess, but maybe you haven't called the close() method of the
NetcdfFile class, to flush the buffers and write the data.  I'm not
sure why this would work differently on Linux than SGI, but you must
always call the close() method to make sure the data gets written.

If that's not it, then it would help if you could send us a small
example that works on one platform and not the other, as well as
information about what versions of Java compilers and virtual machines
you are using on what versions of the platforms.  To fix the problem,
we would need to be able to duplicate it here.

--Russ