Re: 19990607: netcdf 3.4

David,

In the above message, you wrote:

> I am receiving some error messages when I try andd install netcdf 3.4.
> Are these a problem, and if so how do I solve them?
>
> A. SunOS muck 5.7 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW, Ultra-5_10
>
> B. Version 3.4
>
> C. /usr/local/bin
>
> The files are attatched that you requested.
>

> Thanks for your help.
>
> Dave Brennan
> Making `all' in directory /space/homes/dbrennan/packages/netcdf-3.4/src/cxx
>
> make[2]: Entering directory
> `/space/homes/dbrennan/packages/netcdf-3.4/src/cxx'
> c++ -c -O  -I../libsrc  -DNDEBUG netcdf.cc
> In file included from netcdf.hh:16,
>                  from netcdf.cc:12:
> ncvalues.hh:13: iostream.h: No such file or directory
> ncvalues.hh:17: strstream.h: No such file or directory
> make[2]: *** [netcdf.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/space/homes/dbrennan/packages/netcdf-3.4/src/cxx'
> make[1]: *** [subdir_target] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/space/homes/dbrennan/packages/netcdf-3.4/src'
> make: *** [cxx/all] Error 2

Your C++ compilation environment doesn't appear to have the standard
header-file "iostream.h".  This means that your C++ compilation
environment is broken and can't be used to compile the C++ netCDF
interface.

You have two choices:

    1.  Repair your C++ compilation environment (e.g. by reinstalling
        the GNU C compiler).  This will require that you consult with
        your system administrator.

or

    2.  Cause the C++, netCDF interface to be ignored.  This requires
        that you re-execute steps 2 through 9 near the end of the
        INSTALL file.  At step 5 -- when defining environment variables
        -- set the environment variable CXX to the empty string (i.e.
        "").

Please let me know if this helps.

--------