Re: 19990607: C++ and NetCDF

Mazurier,

In the above message, you wrote:

> I'am running NetCDF with C++. I would like to extract only a part of
> data from my NetCDF file. using the method  NcBool GET(...)
>
> Exemple: my variable have 2 dimensions
>
> 1 1
> 2 2
> 3 3
> 4 4
> 5 5
> 6 6
>
> I would like to extract the data from the third line to the fith. My
> result
> would be
> 3 3
> 4 4
> 5 5
>
> I think my question is obvious. Sorry I'am new in NetCDF.
> May be I have to use cursor ? I didn't find a method
> like GET(vals, from, to)?
>
> Have a good day
> Alain Mazurier
>
> PS: Sorry for my english, I am a little frenchie

There are two reasonable ways to do this -- both involve using the
NcVar::set_cur() method:

    1.  Use NcVar::get() with explict edge lengths:

            var.set_cur(2, 0)
            var::get(vals, 3, 2)

    2.  use NcVar::get() with an edge-length array:

            long[2]     counts = {3, 2}
            var.set_cur(2, 0)
            NcVar::get(vals, counts)

(Some of the syntax in the above might be incorrect.)

Please let me know if this helps.

--------