In the above message, you wrote:

> I am in the process of porting latest CCM3 with NetCDF to HP's V2500/N4000
> running HP-UX 11.0 and encountered the following problem while testing the
> netcdf lib by 'make test >& test.log".   I am appending all the information
> suggested in INSTALL.  Please review the following information and suggest
> possible fix or workaround.   Please don't hesitate to contact me if you
> need additional details.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> -- Logan

> Error Message (end of the test.log, full log is below)
>         /opt/fortran/bin/fort77 +O3 +Oinfo  -o ftest ftest.o
> ../libsrc/libnetcdf.a

Ah!  The "+O3" option of the "fort77" compiler is broken under HP-UX 11.
Don't use it.

I suggest redoing steps 2 through 9 near the end of the INSTALL file.
At step 5 (setting environment variables) ensure that the FFLAGS
environment variable does *not* contain the "O3" option ("-O" is just
fine, oddly enough).

Please let me know if this helps.

--------