Re: 19990416: netCDF source

>To: "'address@hidden'" <address@hidden>
>From: Hongying Zhao <address@hidden>
>Subject: netCDF source

Hi,

> I am having trouble downloading the souce from
> <ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/> to an NT machine.  Could
> you think of a reason why this is happening if I haven't had
> previous problems downloading other softwares via ftp and have
> enough available memory?  I am not familiar with the source and
> would greatly apprciate your help.  Thanks a lot,

That's a directory rather than a file.  What you probably want to
download is the compressed tar file

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-3.4.tar.Z

or the zip file

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-3.4.zip

from that directory.  I've changed the confusing wording on the netCDF
home page to clarify the links where the source can be accessed from.

These are both binary files, so be sure to use FTP binary mode to get
them if you actually use an FTP client rather than a web
browser.  Please let us know if you still have any problems accessing
the source.

--Russ