Re: 19981123: netCDF install help

>To: address@hidden
>From: Jim Long <address@hidden>
>Subject: install help

Hi Jim,

>      Not sure what the logs are telling me, so here they are. I modified
> macros.make.def and copied it to macros.make before running make. I stopped
> before doing make install.

The instructions for building and installing netCDF are in the INSTALL
file, and require running the "configure" script as described there.
Please read the INSTALL instructions.  You'll find that all you have
to do is run "configure", then "make all", "make test", and "make
install".  In particular, you shouldn't have to modify any files,
because all options for building and installing are settable via
environment variables before you run the "configure" script, which
generates all the necessary Makefiles.

By the way, there is a more recent version of netCDF (3.4) than the
one you are using (3.3.1).  You can get the more recent version from

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-3.4.tar.Z