Re: netCDF support for VMS??

Gene,

In the above message, you wrote:

> We are presently considering using netCDF or CDF for storing meteorological
> data from several sources.  I am quite familiar with using netCDF in the
> UNIX environment, and would greatly prefer to go the netCDF route.
> However, here we are using LINUX, WIN NT and DEC ALPHA VMS platforms.  From
> scanning all the info on the web, it appears that little if any success has
> been had trying to get netCDF 3.?? running properly on the VMS platform.  Is
> this true?

We haven't put much effort into ensuring that the netCDF package works
under VMS because, unfortunately, we don't have a VMS system in-house.
We have, however, made modifications as necessary and as reported by VMS
users in order to accomodate that system.  We also try to write portable
code -- to the extent that that's possible.

> Are there any sources of info that I overlooked??

I suggest that you post an inquiry to the "netcdfgroup" mailing-list.  I
would not be surprised to discover several VMS users out there who have
successfully installed the netCDF package on their system.  They should
be able to help you.

Please let us know what you discover.

--------