Re: netCDF Java - unlimited dim problem (with fix)

> I have one more problem that I haven't been able to track down.  When
> accessing remote variables with getXXX(), everything is okay but, of
> course, very slow for large vars.  I tried using Variable.copyout(org,ext)
> but got the following error from the NetcdfServer (using setLog(System.out))
>
>   ucar.netcdf.RemoteAccessor[12]:
>       ucar.multiarray.MultiArray copyout(int[], int[])]
>   exception: java.rmi.MarshalException:
>       Error marshaling return; nested exception is:
>   java.rmi.StubNotFoundException:
>       Remote object not exported: ucar.multiarray.MultiArrayImpl
>   at ucar.netcdf.RemoteAccessor_Skel.dispatch(RemoteAccessor_Skel.java:87)

Michael:

The above problem was indeed a grevious flaw, a design problem
stemming from my lack of understanding about the limitations of
rmi.

It is fixed now.

There is a new release available on our ftp site, tagged ucar19981019.

Thanks again for taking the time to fool around with this.

-glenn