Re: Win32 Insructions for netcdf331

> From: RMCDJCAMP <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden

Hi Bob,

> On two separate occasions I have tried unsuccesfully to connect with theWin32
> instructions for netcdf331 as cited in "Overview of Changes between netCDF
> Versions 2 and 3" at:
>
>  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/dist/ftp/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/maks.zip
>
> Have you any suggestions?

Sorry I've taken so long to answer this; it sort of fell through the
cracks and I just noticed it was still pending ...

I don't know where the "/dist/ftp/" part of the path in the above URL
came from (I hope I didn't erroneously supply that URL).  The correct
URL is

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/maks.zip

which is just another way of saying get the file
"pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/maks.zip" on the FTP server
ftp.unidata.ucar.edu via anonymous FTP.

There's also now a newer version for netCDF 3.4, as just announced on
our "What's New with netCDF" web page at
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/whatsnew.html>:

 Windows NT makefiles (using Visual C++ 5.0 and Digital Fortran 5.0) for
 Version 3.4 are now available via anonymous FTP from

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/netcdf-3.4.makvc5.zip

 Win32 netcdf library binaries (both static and DLL) available at

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/netcdf-3.4.win32bin.zip

Please let me know if you have trouble accessing any of these, and I'll
try to give a prompter response.

--Russ