Re: 971223: netcdf/solaris questions

Barry,

In the above message, you wrote:

> Are you trying to tell me  to use the fortran 90 compiler instead of f77?

No, I'm not telling you to use the f90 compiler.  Your program also
terminates normally when I use f77(1):

    $ f77 -o readnet -g -w  readnet.for ../libsrc/libnetcdf.a
    readnet.for:
     MAIN:
    $ ./readnet 9736300000100o
     enter your input file
    9736300000100o
    $ echo $?
    0
    $ ls core
    core: No such file or directory
    $

In the above, I used the f77(1) compiler to build both the netCDF
library and your program.

In the previous example, I used the f90(1) compiler to do both.

I just tried the combination of f90(1) to build your program and f77(1)
to build the netCDF library.  That worked too.

The combination of f77(1) to build your program and f90(1) to build the
netCDF library also works.

So, I can't reproduce the problem here using any combination of f77(1)
and f90(1).

What version of the netCDF library are you using?  Try the following:

    strings ../libsrc/libnetcdf.a | grep VERSION

My version is 3.3.1.

--------