Re: 971223: netcdf/solaris questions

Barry,

In the above message, you wrote:

> Hey Russ:
>
> O.K. Here is what I'll do. I'll put out a copy of the source code that
> gennet generated to read our metar data on our ftp area. Would you be
> willing to ftp the code and the data to your machine with Solaris? It
> will bomb with the call to ncvgtc.
>
> Here is how to ftp:
>
> ftp; 137.75.100.50
> user: XXXXXXXX
> password: XXXXXXXX
>
> cd code
>
> get readnet.for
> bin
> get 9736300000100o
>
> When I run this under SUN OS no problem
> When I run this on Solaris I get a multitude of problems.
> I won't mention them all; just give this a try. I hope you have
> Solrais to try this on. As I mentioned in the earlier message, Solaris
> does not like character*1 or logical*1 declarations. When I replaced
> the call to ncvgtc with the nf_get_var_text I got it to work. By doing
> so, the variable statinname was redeclared to a character*5 confirming
> that Solaris cannot handle character*1 and neither can ncvgtc.
>
> I hope you can reproduce the problem.

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce the problem on our Solaris System:

    $ uname -a
    SunOS laraine.unidata.ucar.edu 5.6 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-2
    $ pwd
    /tmp/netcdf-3.3.1/src/fortran
    $ f90 -o readnet -g -w  readnet.for ../libsrc/libnetcdf.a
    $ ./readnet
     enter your input file
    9736300000100o
     STOP
    $ ls core
    core: No such file or directory
    $

Try the above on your system.  Do you get the same thing?

--------