Re: NetCDF Java interface

> From: "Shofstahl, J. - FSJ" <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: NetCDF Java interface
> Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 10:44:28 -0800

Hi Jim,

> I was wondering how the development of the Java interface for netCDF was
> going and when it would be available?
>
> Thanks for any information you can provide.
>
> Jim Shofstahl, Ph.D.
> Finnigan Corp. 355 River Oaks Parkway, San Jose, CA 95134
> Phone: 408.433.4800 x2805
> Fax: 408.433.4823
> E-mail: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden

I've added your name to a mailing list I'm maintaining of people
interested in early versions of the ucar.netcdf package.  (There are
currently 15 people on that list.)

Glenn Davis has just finished another major revision of the package, and
we are currently doing internal testing.  It's not ready for external
users yet.  However, preliminary reference documentation is available
from

   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/java/

If you look at this, you'll see there is no package overview available
yet.  I'm also hoping we can provide such an overview, with examples,
soon.

--Russ