Re: 960627: ncview 1.38

>To: address@hidden
>From: address@hidden (Paul Le Texier (CEA))
>Subject: ncview 1.38

Hi Paul,

>  I've just installed ncview-1.38 with NetCDF-2.44-beta6 and X11R5.
>
>  Some problems during the compilation. Please could you:
>  - use XCOMM instead of # in the Imakefile
>  - use 'CDEEBUGFLAGS = -g' instead of 'CFLAGS = -g' in the Imakefile
>  - no more use ncshort type (see NetCDF-2.44-beta6 CHANGES file)
>
>  For IBM AIX 3.2.5 the GUI ( commandcavas widget ) isn't visible,
> I've to (blind) click to make the buttons appared (realized ?).
>
>  For SUNOS 5.3 the GUI ( commandcavas widget ) is never visible...
>
>  For HPUX 9.? all seems to go right.

ncview is not directly supported by Unidata.  It is a contributed package
that we have made available from our FTP server as a convenience, but
support questions such as the above should be directed to its author, David
Pierce <address@hidden>, whom I've CC:ed on this reply.  The latest
version, 1.38h, is available from

   ftp://cirrus.ucsd.edu/pub/ncview/ncview.tar.Z

and is more recent than what I had on our FTP server.  The package is
changing frequently enough that I'm putting a reference to the latest
version in our web document on "Software for Manipulating or Displaying
NetCDF Data" at

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/software.html

>  Do you have some patch for this release ?

We have a later release than netcdf-2.4-beta6.  It's version 2.4.2 (May 1996)
available as

   ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf.tar.Z

--Russ

Russ Rew                                           UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                              http://www.unidata.ucar.edu