Re: netCDF on the T90: can't find Fortran compiler

Curtis,

In the above message, you wrote:

> Hey steve here's what I got from standard error.

> + grep -v ^#
> + /opt/ctl/bin/f90 ftest.F
> + 1> ftest.f
>
>       NCSHORT_T shval(2)
>                       ^
> cf90-197 f90: ERROR TNCACPY, File = ftest.F, Line = 136, Column = 23
>   Unexpected syntax: "dummy-arg-name" was expected but found "2".
>                         ^
> cf90-197 f90: ERROR TNCACPY, File = ftest.F, Line = 136, Column = 25
>   Unexpected syntax: "=" was expected but found "EOS".

I would guess that, in the file fortran/ftest.F, the macro NCSHORT_T
isn't being converted to it's correct, system-dependent, definition,
which indicates that the file isn't being correctly preprocessed.  The
definition for that macro should be in the file fortran/nfconfig.in.  Is
it?  If so, then try manually generating the file fortran/ftest.f.  Look
at it to see if the macro has been replaced.  If not, then figure out
why not.  Did the environment variable FFLAGS contain the option "-Wp-F"
when you executed the configure script (it doesn't appear to)?  See the
INSTALL file for more information on correct environmental variable
settings.

If you need to re-execute the configure script, then be sure to do the
following:

    1.  Go to the top-level source directory.

    2.  Execute the command "make distclean".

    3.  Remove the file "config.cache" it it exists.

    4.  Set the environment variables.

    5.  Execute the configure script.

--------