Re: NEC SX-4 64 bit IEEE Netcdf

Harvey,

Lets try again:

    1.  Go into the fortran/ source subdirectory.

    2.  Unpack the file <ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/harvey.tar.Z>.
        Let me know when you've got it so I can remove it.

    3.  Execute the command "make".  Redirect standard output and
        standard error to a file.  If an error occurs, then stop and
        send me the file.

    4.  Execute the command "make test".  Redirect standard output and
        standard error to a file.  If an error occurs, then stop and
        send me the file.

    5.  Go up one directory to the top-level source directory.

    6.  Execute the command "make nf_test/all".  Redirect standard
        output and standard error to a file.  If an error occurs, then
        stop and send me the file.

    7.  Execute the command "make nf_test/test".  Redirect standard
        output and standard error to a file.  If an error occurs, then
        stop and send me the file.

The modifications work on my DEC Alpha when configured for Fortran
INTEGER's being C "long"s.

Let me know how it goes.

--------