Re: NEC SX-4 64 bit IEEE Netcdf

Harvey:

I have to ask whether this effort is worth the trouble.
Can the desired results be achieved by some other approach?

We already "support" two modes on the SX4,
a "classic" cray emulation  (Cray float)
        CFLAGS -hfloat2 -hint64
        FFLAGS -float2
and a "normal" (IEEE float) SX4
(No special flags => float0).

What your client is trying to do is make the SX4 "like" a
T3E or something, which isn't in the design space supported
by NEC in their flag combinations, and is therefore outside
the box. From the point of view of the calculations, the same
results can be achieved, more portably, by using the
appropriate f90 type specifiers as appropriate in the user code.

-glenn