Re: Java NetCDF Interface Inquiry

> From: Mike Biere <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Java NetCDF Interface Inquiry

Hi Mike,

> I've been asked to look into Java interfaces to NetCDF for use
> at FSL, and I see from their Web page that Unidata has a Java
> NetCDF effort underway. Is there someone I can talk to to find
> out more about the state of this effort?  We'd be interested in
> being an early adopter.  Thanks for any leads.
>
> Mike Biere
> (Tech lead, WFO-Advanced display group)
> 303-497-7248

I've added your name to a mailing list I'm maintaining of people
interested in early versions of the ucar.netcdf package.  (There are
currently 14 people on that list, including 6 from various parts of
FSL.)

Glenn Davis has just finished another major revision of the package, and
we are currently doing internal testing.  It's not ready for external
users yet.  However, preliminary reference documentation is available
from

   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/java/

If you look at this, you'll see there is no package overview available
yet.  I'm also hoping we can provide such an overview, with examples,
soon.

--Russ