Re: netCDF on the T90: can't find Fortran compiler

Curtis,

In the above message, you wrote:

> Hmm.  I looked inside the config.log file and the error is in line
> 2106(listed below).

Actually, the error is earlier than that (see below).

> I looked at that line at it is a bunch of born shell madness.  I tried
> hard coding in the path at that point, I hacked the line to do the f90
> compile line without the {FFLAG} option and it still gave me this error.
>
> I"m gonna have to put this away for the day i've got other mountains to
> tackle.  If you have anymore suggestions I would appreciate it.
>
> Thanks
>
> configure:1017: c89 -c -O -DNDEBUG conftest.c 1>&5
> configure:1150: CC -c  -DNDEBUG conftest.C 1>&5
> configure:1217: c89 -E -DNDEBUG conftest.c >/dev/null 2>conftest.out
> configure:1316: f90 -c -O conftest.f
> cf90-2107 f90: ERROR in command line
>   No valid filenames are specified on the command line.

The last 3 lines above indicate a severe problem with your Fortran
compilation environment.  The fact that the command

    f90 -c -O conftest.f

resulted in the following error messages:

    f90: ERROR in command line
    No valid filenames are specified on the command line.

means that you can't use the f90 compiler in the usual way to compile
even the most trivial Fortran code.

Try the following:

    Create a trivial piece of Fortran code, e.g.

            CALL FOO
            END

    Try compiling it using the above command.  Figure out why you can't
    (e.g. does the "-O" option take an argument?  Is ".f" not a valid
    extension for Fortran files?).

Let me know what you discover.

--------