Re: correct patch, please ignore previous version

> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: correct patch, please ignore previous version
> From: address@hidden (Tom Umeda)

Hi Tom,

> You 'configure' script doesn't seem to set
> the 'lex' parameter in the ncgen Makefile correctly.
> Seems to use flex when we don't have it.

Yes, sorry about that.  As distributed, neither flex nor lex is
required, because we include the generated C output from lex (and yacc
and m4) in the distribution.  Hence the Makefile rule was intended for
us.  However, I sent you a patch to ncgen.l instead of the generated lex
output in ncgenyy.c, so that violated the assumption we made about our
Makefile.

Incidentally, it should work fine if you just substitute "lex" for
"flex".  The only reason we use the latter is that lex on IRIX generates
code that causes the IRIX C compiler to emit a huge number of warning
messages, and we were trying to forestall having to answer all the
resulting support questions.

Anyway, thanks for reporting the problem.  We should rethink how this is
handled before the next release.

--Russ